- A slang term referring to large commercial vehicle.
- A semi-trailer truck, also known as a semi, tractor-trailer, or (in the United Kingdom and Ireland) articulated truck or articulated lorry, is an articulated vehicle consisting of a towing engine (tractor in the United States, prime mover in Australia or truck in Ireland, the United Kingdom,
- A deduction from the usual cost of something, typically given for prompt or advance payment or to a special category of buyers
- A percentage deducted from the face value of a bill of exchange or promissory note when it changes hands before the due date
- dismiss: bar from attention or consideration; “She dismissed his advances”
- the act of reducing the selling price of merchandise
- give a reduction in price on; “I never discount these books-they sell like hot cakes”
- Lose interest in; become bored with
- Become in need of rest or sleep; grow weary
- Cause to feel in need of rest or sleep; weary
- (tire) hoop that covers a wheel; “automobile tires are usually made of rubber and filled with compressed air”
- (tire) lose interest or become bored with something or somebody; “I’m so tired of your mother and her complaints about my food”
- (tire) exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress; “We wore ourselves out on this hike”
outside my window, a bottomed-out semi-truck is stuck at the crest of the hill. if you look closely, the rear wheels of the truck are several inches above ground.
Overturned Semi-Truck 1
Crazy wind on I-25 south of Pueblo blew over three semi-trucks before we gave up on our dreams of the Sand Dunes and headed home. January 2008.